Hack Jam Log Book is a log of progress made in and around a weekly hack session. Topics include natural language processing, high energy electronics, linguistics, interface design, &c. Enjoy.

Recent Posts:

Archives:

16.10.08

 

Calling Shots for 10/15

My grade for last week's called shots: B-.

I did get them both, just not as thoroughly as I wanted. My post on "where I'm at" became part I, and I had some errors with generated parses. On the other hand, I did get some fodder for an upcoming post entitled "Computers say the darndest things."

For this week:
  • Subject Verb agreement. I'll be completely removing results for now where the subject and verb don't agree. I'll be bringing them back later on when I introduce scoring for results, because sometimes a person speak bad. In the meantime, I'm hoping to work with smaller, more manageable sets of parses while I work with other problems like relevance and context.
  • Further word shenanigans. Nouns can be adjectives: "clown car," "text file," and "blog post." Words can also be built from existing words as well: "bloggy," "blogger," and "bloggily" all communicate meaning, even if we've just invented the word "blog.
  • NLP, Part II

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]