Hack Jam Log Book is a log of progress made in and around a weekly hack session. Topics include natural language processing, high energy electronics, linguistics, interface design, &c. Enjoy.

Recent Posts:

Archives:

11.10.08

 

More from 10/8/08

Montana's still working on his grid evaluation computing thing. I've long forgotten what he calls it. From what I understand, he's got functions that evaluate constants, but realizes he needs functions that can evaluate references. It seems like he's making progress lately, so I'm hoping we can get him to post what he's up to.

So I'm working on a font based on my handwriting. It's something I've wanted for a while as a novelty item, but I've been pleased with how well it's working out. It's nice to have a font that my brain associates with drafts, notes to myself, and unfinished stuff. I'm hoping to have it in a usable state for the start of Nanowrimo so I can put it into an extended test.

I did not quite make my shot for the week. I made progress in the form of a couple of design breakthroughs, but not much in the form of code aside from recognizing plural forms of nouns, and even that was crude. I've got a three day weekend here, so I should do better this week.

My called shots for this week:
  • Most sentences converted to a (possibly large) set of possible logical meanings
  • A post describing where I'm at with this thing.

Comments:
Awesome. I'll send Montana an invitation this Wednesday.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]