Hack Jam Log Book is a log of progress made in and around a weekly hack session. Topics include natural language processing, high energy electronics, linguistics, interface design, &c. Enjoy.

Recent Posts:

Archives:

15.10.08

 

10.15.08 Hackjam

Discussed physics, nanowrimo, a little haskell and a little C.

By discussing physics I mean I introduced the group to Fantastic Contraption, and very little got done ;). If you haven't played fantastic contraption, you ought to give it a try; it is a nice pure example of what engineering is. It's certainly better than forcing your kids to build yet another bridge --- there is other engineering in the world than bridge building!

We also got a few more heads interested in nanowrimo --- National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words in the 30 days of November. It is an incredibly beneficial excersize. We talked about methods of writing --- whether to plan out each scene, or write as you fancy at the moment. I have written with very little planning the past three years, but failed to finish the past two. I'm going to try some more extensive planning this year and we'll see what happens.

This weekend: Makerfaire. I'll do my best to write a few posts from there.


On calling shots:

I made two of three of my shots for this week, and that ain't bad.

For next week:
  • Post on Makerfaire
  • Post another drawing excersize

And now off to bed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]